CLB 019 : PERIOD SHAME TO RECLAIMING MY CYCLICAL POWER
In this SOLO episode, Leticia talks through her personal period journey - shame to reclaiming her menstrual and cyclical power.
It's super important for us women to share our period stories so that we can remove the shame messages around menstruation and begin to reconnect with our bodies.
Our cycles are a wonderful example of the need for both masculine and feminine energy. They are designed to utilise both perfectly. The yin and the yang.
Many women, however, are trying to push through in a man's world with little to no understanding and connection to the full span of the cycle. We are trying to do it all, all at once and this leads to burn out because we aren't valuing and creating space for the feminine energy inbuilt into our natural hormonal cycles.
"NO MATTER WHAT AGE YOU ARE, WHETHER YOU ARE MENSTRUATING OR NOT IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO BE EDUCATED AND AWARE OF THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE."
It's time to start the period conversation!
in this episode, find out about:
- My journey from period shame to reclaiming my cyclical power
- The contraceptive pill: why we take it and why I stopped taking it
- Being diagnosed with endometriosis and searching for alternative solutions to surgery
- Working with Alissa Vitti from Flo Living's protocol for eating, moving and living with the 4 hormonal phases of the menstrual cycle
- Environmental and food fixes
- Embracing Claire Baker's work on the seasons for cyclical awareness, creativity and running a business
- Sustainable, environmental-friendly menstrual products
- How I utilise the 4 seasons and hormonal phases of my cycle today in my personal life and business
- The role of boundaries and how to enforce them
- My recommendations for increasing awareness and support in the corporate world
- The connection between the menstrual cycle and feminine energy