PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT & WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Policy Last Updated: 21 May 2018
By providing Leticia Ringe with your data, you confirm that you are over 13 years of age.
Leticia Ringe (trading as Leticia Ringe) is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy very seriously.
Our full details are: Leticia Ringe, trading as Leticia Ringe.
Email address: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Unit 13166, PO Box 6945, London W1A 6US, United Kingdom.
Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at mailto:email@example.com.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. Personal data includes information such as your name, email, billing information, address and any other information that identifies you as an individual.
We take your privacy very seriously and will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes without your express consent.
Below are the categories of personal data we may collect about you:
- Communication Data: this includes any communication that you send to us via the contact, questionnaire or “Join the tribe & subscribe” forms on this website, through email, text, social media messaging & social media posting (which includes to the Instagram account @createalifethatisbeautiful), surveys or any other communication that you send us. We process this data so that we can communicate with you, keep records and for the use in pursing or defending any legal claims and this data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card or bank account details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. The lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use this website and any of our online services together with any data that you post for publication on this website or through other online services. We process this data to operate this website, ensure relevant content is provided to you, to maintain the security of this website, to record back-ups of this website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of this website, other online services and our business. Our lawful ground for this processing is on legitimate interests.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of this website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length and number of visit to pages on our website, navigation paths and page views, details about the number of times you use this website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. The source of this data is through our analytics tracking system (via Google Analytics and Squarespace). We process this data on the grounds of our legitimate interests to analyse use of this website, properly administer this website, to deliver relevant website content and goods and services and to make sure we are only providing you with useful content and offers.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving our newsletter and marketing from us via third parties (such as Mailchimp our marketing automation platform) and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to receive our newsletter, latest offers and goods/services, to deliver relevant website content and measure or understand the effectiveness of our content and advertising. The lawful ground for this processing is on the basis of our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how our customers use our products/services, to develop them and to decide our marketing strategy.
Where we required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU and providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as Acuity Scheduling, Stripe or PayPal.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
The lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is in accordance with your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if:
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services; or
- you agreed to receive marketing communications and our latest offerings via our newsletter,
and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes without your express consent.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases and use of this website etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Any other party if compelled to do so by law.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 6 years after they stop being customers.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at mailto:email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 4 weeks. Occasionally it may take us longer than 4 weeks if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites (and resources). Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, please read the privacy notice of every website you visit.